Get your Coupon for our FINAL $10 Box of ANNUALS Sale!
Holiday Gardening – What to do by 4th of July
- Do your final pinching of tall growing fall bloomers like asters, chrysanthemum, monarda and helianthus, to make them stockier and full of flower buds, and so they don’t bloom too early.
- If any of your hanging basket plants have become leggy or misshapen, simply trim the excess off – this will encourage bushy growth. Continue to fertilize.
- Keep up on deadheading your annuals encourage continued flowering.
- Remember when you are watering your landscape investment, long slow waterings are always best
- Speaking of mosquitoes, the best way to keep populations down is by regularly checking your property for standing water and emptying it. Even a saucer of water can become a mosquito nursery, so leave no pot unturned!