Seasonal Greenhouse/Retail Associate
As Tudbink’s continues to grow, we are looking for those who have a passion for sharing their love of gardening with others to join us. We are a quality-focused, detail-oriented company that has a strong sense of teamwork. Formal horticulture training is not required. Gardening experience is a benefit.
Position: Seasonal, flexible hours, part-time position with main season work starting the beginning of March (depending on plant delivery and weather) and will last till approximately second Friday in July. Additional greenhouse work hours available throughout the remaining year. Competitive wages based on experience.
During planting time – Scheduled between Monday thru Friday, 8-5.
Retail Sales – Days worked will be scheduled between Monday thru Saturday. In addition two Friday evenings and three Saturdays in May are required. Only two Saturdays during April and June.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Basic plant knowledge in identifying plants and growing needs are a benefit.
• Able to perform basic math functions. Work well with numbers, both in equations and with money.
• Valid driver’s license issued by the State of Pennsylvania and a safe driving record
• Able to work with minimal supervision.
• Able to effectively and pleasantly communicate with co-workers and customers/clients.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Physically fit and able to stand for prolonged period of time on hard surface, long distance walking (sometimes on uneven surface), repetitious hand movement, lifting, squatting, and twisting.
• Need to lift 40 lbs. on a daily basis
• Need to lift heavy baskets from above
• Work in long periods in greenhouse conditions.
• Employees that are hired must not use tobacco (smoking, vaping, or chewing tobacco) due to Tobacco Mosaic Virus.
License: Valid PA Driver’s license. Must have reliable transportation to and from our business location
Benefit: Employee discount
Wages: Competitive wages based on experience