As Tudbink’s continues to grow, we are looking for those who have a passion for sharing their love of gardening with others to join us. We are a quality-focused, detail-oriented company that has a strong sense of teamwork. Formal horticulture training is not required. Gardening experience is a benefit.
Seasonal, flexible hours, part-time position with main season work starting the beginning of March (depending on plant delivery and weather) and will last till approximately second Friday in July. Additional retail work during September and mid-November to mid-December.
During planting time – Scheduled between Monday thru Friday, 8-5.
Retail Sales – Days worked will be scheduled between Monday thru Saturday. In addition two Friday evenings and three Saturdays in May are required. Only two Saturdays during other retail months.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Basic plant knowledge in identifying plants and growing needs are a benefit.
- Able to perform basic math functions. Work well with numbers, both in equations and with money.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to effectively and pleasantly communicate with co-workers and customers/clients.
- Physically fit and able to stand for prolonged period of time on hard surface, long distance walking (sometimes on uneven surface), repetitious hand movement, lifting, squatting, and twisting.
- Need to lift 40 lbs. on a daily basis
- Need to lift heavy flower baskets from above
- Work long periods in greenhouse conditions.
- Employees that are hired must not use tobacco (smoking, vaping, or chewing tobacco) due to crop contamination
License: Valid PA Driver’s license. Must have reliable transportation to and from our business
Competitive wages based on experience
Contact: 717-872-8318 or submit an application using the button below.